One can install a bookmark, to recall a web page via the EZProxy server of the Bibliothèque.
- You are not at the Observatoire de Paris.
- While surfing the web, you hit on a page of an article or an e-book, which you would absolutely like to read.
- But, you did not get there via the on-line document resource page of the Bibliothèque and, since you are not at the Observatoire, the IP address of your PC is not recognized as an Observatory address by the editor’ server : consequently, you will not be able to access the whole text of the article or the e-book.
- In principle, you just have to return to the library’s on-line document resource page, find the document in the list, then navigate through the volumes and the pages until you find the article you want ... which can be long and tiresome.
- There is another way : create a bookmark in your navigator so as to be able to pass the page on which are by the reverse proxy EzProxy of the Bibliothèque.
- All you have to do is to make a bookmark in your navigator called "EZProxy ObsPM" whose internet url should be the entire next line ::
- After clicking on this shortcut in your navigator, the article you would like to access via the given page goes back through the reverse proxy "EzProxy" and its url address is supplemented by that of the proxy : for example, the address of the journal Astronomy & Astrophysics, http://www.aanda.org/ is rewritten in the form http://www.aanda.org.ezproxy.obspm.fr.
- Of course, you will be required to identify yourself with your usual Observatory webmail login.
NB : If the resource you wish to consult is not among those for which the library has a subscription, you will be automatically redirected to the on-line document resource page of the Bibliothèque.
Accès et usages
Dernière modification le 2 mai 2018